About Departmental Inventory Portal
The Web-based Departmental Inventory Portal is a subsystem of the Financial Resource Management System (FRMS), which is used to update items for annual inventory. It is also used to perform the following tasks:
- Mark items as found, missing, or not found
- Easily update location, comments, responsible person, and other data fields
- Find and correct data issues, such as items that are missing location information or that have elements crossing unit ownership
- View inventory information about units, items, and number of items in a unit
- Perform mass updates of multiple inventory items for various fields, including status, location, and responsible person
- Download report data
Note: Elements must still be updated using the *DEFINE NV1 command. Any item updated in the Departmental Inventory Portal will update all elements associated with that item.
Most inventory items can be updated in the Departmental Inventory Portal by an authorized person, with the exception of those items that are stolen, have elements with different statuses, or have elements assigned to more than one unit.
Note: A few inventory items have more than 100 elements, and they must be viewed and updated using the *DEFINE NV1 command. They cannot be viewed or updated using the Departmental Inventory Portal.